[artworks] Exporting AW Drawings

  • From: Brian Carroll <bric@xxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:43:19 +0100

I have just finished creating a new logo in AW for a local
school's Appeal Committee.  When it has been approved by the
Governors it is to be sent to everyone on the Committee for use
on all documentation and displays.

Members of the Committee have very varied professions and
backgrounds and from what I have heard said in meetings it seems
most are relatively inexpert computer users, a few are using Macs
but most seem to be using various versions of Windows. Needless to
say, no one has heard of RISC OS or Artworks!

I would like to stick to vector format files for the obvious
reasons but some people will certainly want to use a bitmap in
MSWord. I can export files directly from AW in SVG or PDF format
and several bitmap formats.  What I need advice on is which will
be the most useful for my inexpert customers.  I really don't
want to have to produce lots of files at different sizes for
different people.  This must be a common enough situation but not
one I have experienced.

Brian.

Brian Carroll, Ripon, North Yorkshire, UK  bric at f2s dot com