[artworks] Drawfile import of rectangles and ellipses

  • From: Gavin Crawford <gav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 12:13:30 GMT

When I import a Drawfile into Artworks it's really annoying that a
closed path object that is rectangular in shape can't be interpreted
by ArtWorks as a rectangle object, and the same for a circular or
elliptical path.

I was wondering if there should be some extra Drawfile Tagged Object
numbers registered that ArtWorks would recognise, for example to
interpret the next path as a rectangle object. In a similar way to how
the ArtWorks EPS import currently works, which uses 'ar' to specify a
rectangle but is then followed by a PostScript renderable path.

This would be quite a clever way of being able to produce a true
ArtWorks friendly Drawfile, with rectangle, ellipse, rounded
rectangle, etc. objects, but still be renderable in Draw.

I appreciate this won't be very high on the 'important features to
add' list, but just thought I'd bring it up for discussion, as it's
something I would find useful.

Regards,
Gavin.