[artworks] Dodgy Draw file

  • From: Kell <kell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 17:31:54 +0000 (GMT)

I have a Draw file which I need to convert to a PDF.

It won't load into ArtWorks because ArtWorks complains that there is a
text object (or perhaps more than one) with the wrong length.

Can anyone suggest what I might do to fix this problem? I've loaded the
file into Draw, changed something minor and saved it out again - in the
hope that Draw would fix whatever's wrong. Tried the same with TextEase.

What other applications will accept Draw files? I'm hoping there's an
application out there which will fix whatever problems exist in this file.
After all, if it can load into Draw no problem, there can't be too much
wrong with it.

If all else fails I'll have to print to Postscript and convert to a PDF
using RiScript, but Martin has now set the benchmark, and I would always
rather use AW to produce PDFs.

TIA,

--
Kell Gatherer