[artworks] ArtWorks 1.7 - Recovering Fonts from floppy disks

  • From: Steve Joyce <Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 17:40:57 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

A task that is so far impossible!

When I originally installed the fonts that came with ArtWorks v1.7, I
only installed a small selection. I've now been trying to install some
more, but with no success.

The installation procedure appears to work to the point where the floppy
containing the fonts is accessed - then the process errors with 'no
memory available'.

As I'm now running RO4.39 (Adjust) on a RPC-SA with 96+2mb memory & 19Gb
hard disk, I've tried various tricks in case disk or machine memory
calculations don't work correctly with large values - but no success. All
the ArtWorks floppies containing font data appear to work OK - although
No.9 seems to have disappeared.

I'm left to assume that RO4.39 has broken something in the installation
process in some way.

Has anyone got ideas that I might try?

Cheers,

Steve