[artworks] 2 ideas

  • From: Stuart Murden <sgmurden@xxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 22:06:39 +0100

I don't know of any of you guys have used 'Omni Graffle'. It has a good feature for schematics etc.... the linking of objects with lines. If you move an object the line moves with it. So if you draw a square and then a circle and then link the two with a line and then move one of the objects the line moves too whilst remaining anchored to object one. Don't know if that's hard to implement.

Another tool I've found handy on another mac drawing programme called microdraft is the ability to create parallel lines. This works for straight lines, circles and bezier curves.

Microdraft can combine the parallel idea with a circle tool that can create concentric partial circles. So instead of from 'centre' you have a box like by 'circumference'. So a full circle on the mouse makes a circle, a partial move on the mouse makes a partial circle click make parallels hey presto! Select one of the lines pull it in or out and it stays concentric.