[arthrogryposis] 25th Anniversary.

  • From: "Brian Dalton" <Brian.Dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <arthrogryposis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 15:17:43 +0100

Hi all,

For those that were able to make it, I would sincerely like to thank you all
for coming to the 25th Anniversary celebration for our association, in the
Tullamore Court over the weekend.

We had an impressive line up of speakers, and a lot of craic and fun in the
evening, after the official business of the day was concluded.

For those who could be with us, we had an impressive display and talk from
Tools For Living. This is a company which sells accessories for wheelchairs,
and wheelchairs themselves. Both Paul and Pat were very approachable guys, and
I certainly learned a lot from their display. In fact, I am about to try out a
set of power assist wheels for my chair. These will give me power assist, when
I am pushing my manual chair which will make it easier for getting up hills.
Thanks guys for everything.

Brenda Hopkins, from CP Sports Ireland, gave an impressive talk on sports in
your local gym, and provided us with much needed contacts and information.
Please check our website in the next few weeks, for the information she
distributed. I know Brenda personally from my local gym in DCU, where she
worked for over two years. She is a big plus to adaptive sports in Ireland, and
will offer our association much needed advice in this area. I have had a number
of inquiries about adaptive skiing, and this is something I will be looking
into, and will liaise with Brenda on this.
Watch this space and our website for more info.

Most importantly, we had a visit from the Minister for Disability, John Maloney.
John has agreed to meet a group of us in January next year, to discuss any
issues you might have. I would urge all of you to submit any issue you would
like raised at this meeting via email, post or through our website, as it is a
great opportunity to ensure our voice and views are heard.
I would like to thank John for his adaptable and friendly approach to our group.

We also had a presentation for those people who initiated and founded the
Arthrogryposis association. Unfortunately, we were unable to contact both
Christine Healy and Geraldine Madigan before our event, (although I have had
contact from Geraldine since) and Joan Dalton was able to attend.

We then had our AGM, and the following is the new executive committee for
2008/09.
Chairperson, Brian Dalton.
Vice Chairperson, Emmett Daly.
Treasurer, Jim Sugru.
Secretary, Suzanne Dalton.
PRO, Gillian Duffy-Huff.
Ordinary members,
Gerry Coveney, Richard Daly, Joan Mcguinness, Jimmy Gilhooly and John Sugru.

I would like to sincerely welcome John Sugru to our committee. I think he will
bring a relaxed and efficient style to our meetings.

We all gathered for dinner that night, and kept the party going in the bar of
the hotel into the wee small hours. The Jokes were flying, and the beer was
flowing, which made for a fantastic night.

I would like to thank the Daly family for all their hard work as usual in
putting this event together in Tullamore, and being the local point of contact.

I would like to thank Gillian Duffy-huff, for putting together our new proposed
leaflet. It is hoped that we will re-launch our new information leaflet early
in the new year. Again, watch this space and our website for more info.

I would also like to thank everyone who has fund-raised for our association
throughout the year, and anyone who wishes to fund-raise in the future is
welcome to do so.

That's about it for now guys. I am looking forward to a busy and fun filled
year ahead with our association, and would urge as many of you to get involved
as possible. Even if it is informing others about our association, and keeping
this email list alive.

Talk to you all soon.

Brian Dalton,
Arthrogryposis Chairperson

..For low fares and great deals on hotels, car hire and travel insurance visit
http://www.aerlingus.com
are addressed.  Any review, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited.If you have received
this email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete
the material.
Aer Lingus Limited
Registered in Ireland
Company Number 9215
Registered Office at Dublin Airport, Dublin,Ireland.