Update from Donna Morey

  • From: Tammy Gray <tammy_arta@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Arta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Arta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 08:47:46 -0700

Thank you to the ARTA
members who showed up to support the Arkansas Retirement System and
Director George Hopkins Tuesday at the Joint Legislative Taskforce on Insurance
meeting. By my estimation, there were close to 100 ARTA
members present. All the education stakeholders groups were prepared to
provide testimony in support of the current ATRS and APERS remaining separate
systems. Sen. Jim Hendren, chair of the Taskforce, stated on ARN radio Tuesday
afternoon that there would be no further discussions of combing the retirement
systems. We cannot let down our guard come
January because there are other possible changes to the system that will be
detrimental to the members of the system.

Health Insurance premium differences between the Arkansas State
employees and Public Education systems were pointed out by the Bureau
of Legislative research. I will send you the written testimony that I am
 preparing on those differences soon.

High Regards,
Donna Morey

sent by
Tammy Gray
Communications Coordinator
Arkansas Retired Teachers Association
1-888-929-0955
501-375-2958

Change the way I receive email from ARTA