[aros-games] Re: test007

  • From: Krzysztof Smiechowicz <deadwood@xxxxx>
  • To: aros-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 07:52:37 +0200

Hmm, ok - I may need to add this to "known issues"

Does this also happen when switching resolution during menu (before match)?

Can you:

Go to options->autoexec.cfg and type in the edit box:

maxtexsize 128

Restart the game and see if you get the corruption with such settings when switching resolution during match?

Best regards,
Krzysztof

W dniu 05.07.2011 07:40, Paolo Besser pisze:
With test 008, map efficiency -> justice
*
shaders activated, botmatch*: if I change resolution from 1280x1024 to
640x400 during a match, I get corruption of the ploygons forming the top
of the screen. I can't see correctly the sky or the ceiling of the room
I am inside. If I turn back to the original resolutin, everything turn
back to normality.

This does not seem to happen if, at this point, I call the menu and
choose to play the *campaign*, though.

If I switch resolution from 1280x1024 to 640x400, and then I open the
main menu and choose to start a new game or level, the loading screen
doesn't cover the whole area of the screen: instead of being rendered
starting from the top side of the screen, it covers the bottom part,
leaving a "hole" rectangular area on the top side of the screen. I can
see the level forming behind.

If I switch resolution from 640x400 to 800x600, top polygons turn back
to normal. But many polygons start flashing appearing and disappearing
(black area instead of them) recursively at high speed. It's like if the
GPU or the VRAM are burning. Turning back to 1280x1024, this time,
didn't really fix the issue: polygons were ok in their shape, but kept
flashing. Exiting the game brought me to a corrupt AROS workbench screen
(no pointer, missing decoration parts).

Resetting the machine and starting the game again led to normality, but
switching resolution during game is something we can't really do, for
now, because it corrupts something and is like graphics are "rotting" a
little more, every time you switch resolution.

GeForce 7800, 512 MB of VRAM.

p.bes

2011/7/4 Krzysztof Smiechowicz <deadwood@xxxxx <mailto:deadwood@xxxxx>>

    Please test with this version:

    http://download.aros3d.org/__software/test008.zip
    <http://download.aros3d.org/software/test008.zip>

    W dniu 03.07.2011 19:38, Tomasz Bąk pisze:

        I do this before. No change.

        2011/7/3 Krzysztof Smiechowicz<deadwood@xxxxx
        <mailto:deadwood@xxxxx>>:

            W dniu 03.07.2011 19:30, Tomasz Bąk pisze:

                An attempt to change resolution in full screen mode
                causing something like
                this.

            Can you repeat the test but with shaders disabled?