[aros-games] Next game port

  • From: Krzysztof Smiechowicz <deadwood@xxxxx>
  • To: aros-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 19:28:41 +0200

Hi All,

The next game port will be.... UFO:AI

I initially planned to do VDRIFT (it got 3 votes). I downloaded it and compiled under Linux. After playing with it, I however decided not to do the port. There are 3 main reasons:

a) the game has a tendency to stall at random points, even if I get 100 FPS I get sub-second stalls which are very irritating b) with all details maxed out the game run under 20 FPS on 8300 + NVIDIA binary driver, taking into account speed difference between Nouveau and NVIDIA driver, the game would most probably not be playable on AROS c) the game visual appearance was rather medium and did not meet the "3D capability showcase" criteria.

Getting back to UFO:AI, again it will just be an executable. You need to download data files:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ufoai/files/UFO_AI%202.x/2.3.1/ufoai-2.3.1-data.tar/download

Best regards,
Krzysztof