[ARMini-support] messages not received (B)

  • From: Jim Nagel <jimmini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 15:01:19 GMT

On 2015-11-16 at 14:41, Jim Nagel wrote:

Leaves me wondering what happened. Did Freelists chuck me off for a
while and then reinstate me? How can I tell? What else have I missed?

On 2015-11-16 at 14:41, David Pilling replied:
Look at the online archive:
//www.freelists.org/archive/armini-support/
Compare what is there with what you got.
Spam filtering is a common cause of differences.

I received neither of the above messages by the normal method. What I
have quoted is from the Freelists online archive. I'm writing this
from MPro, hence the fresh "(B)" thread.

Many of the November messages on the online archive I definitely have
not received by the normal email route. Unfortunately the Freelist
index of the online archive does not show a date on each message. I
have not opened all of them to compare date against what I did receive
by normal download. Here's a summary of my recent normal downloads
for the Armini-support list:
Nov 01 2 messages
Nov 02 1 message
Nov 03 0
Nov 04 0
Nov 05 1 message
Nov 06 6 messages
Nov 07 3 messages
Nov 08 8 messages
Nov 09 1 message
Nov 10 0
Nov 11 0
Nov 12 0
Nov 13 0
Nov 14 0
Nov 15 0
Nov 16 1 message
Nov 17 0 so far

Yesterday I unsubscribed and then subscribed afresh to see if that
will make a difference -- nothing so far.

Same MPro filter has been in use for this group for several years, and
my spam filter routes any suspected spam to a special folder where I
check it. So I think we can rule out filter problems.

Checked my ISP (Spellings); logs there show no rejects; nowhere near
quota limit.

Is it just that traffic is low?

--
Jim Nagel www.archivemag.co.uk