[ARMini-support] Backing Up An ARMiniX

  • From: Robert Hunter <robert.hunter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Armini Support <armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 16:14:19 +0000

I back up two important directories on my ARMiniX to a server in the loft every weekend. I back up the entire computer on the 1st of each month. The OS is 5.22 and the networking software is LanMan98 v 2.05.

I would be grateful for advice on aspects of backing up.

1. Is there software available that will back up more quickly than LanMan98?

2. When backing up, the option "/Faster/" appears in the "Copying files" window. However, I am not convinced that "/Faster/" is actually faster than the alternative "/Slower/". Has anyone carried out any tests to quantify the "increase" in speed if "/Faster/" is selected?

--

Robert