Re: [ARMini-support] reading a (literal) disc in the future

  • From: "Chris Bell (Lists)" <chris.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 13:16:54 +0000 (GMT)

On 16 Nov, A Rawnsley wrote:

"Chris Bell (Lists)" <chris.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I use the following to access a hard-drive and floppy-discs from a
modern RO computer.

Major warning - the above will *only* work for PC formatted floppy
discs, unfortunately, as USB floppy drives are incapable of reading
Acorn format discs.

Quite correct. I should have mentioned that.

However, as a matter of urgency, we encourage *ALL* customers (SPREAD
THE WORD) to move data from floppy to (at least) hard drive, but
preferably network or USB drive.

Agreed. The reason I continue with floppies is that they're currently the
only way I can transfer data to my (DOS) CNC milling machine.

Chris.