Re: [ARMini-support] reading a (literal) disc in the future

  • From: "Chris Bell (Lists)" <chris.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 21:12:30 +0000 (GMT)

On 14 Nov, Jim Nagel wrote:

Do we have to keep a RiscPC or an Iyonix in reserve, just for the
purpose of reading a floppy or an archived harddrive?

No. I use the following to access a hard-drive and floppy-discs from a
modern RO computer. They're both available from CJE Micro's...

USB hard-drive enclosure. Connect direct to RO:

http://www.cjemicros.co.uk/micros/individual/newprodpages/prodinfo.php?prodcode=VAR-USBHDND

USB floppy-drive. Connect to a networked M$ PC and access it via a
LanMan98 share:

http://www.cjemicros.co.uk/micros/individual/newprodpages/prodinfo.php?prodcode=VAR-USBFLOP

Chris Bell.