Re: [ARMini-support] reading a (literal) disc in the future

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 18:17:03 +0000 (GMT)

In article <5ac87d2255.iyojohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, John Rickman Iyonix
<rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

But I would like to hear from someone who has used one on a RISC OS
machine.

I have an IDE disc in a boxed, mains-powered IDE-USB adaptor. Used it with
my Iyonix, then ARMiniX, now ARMX6. Works OK. IIRC Bought from the people
who "have that in stock" some years ago. I think they still sell them. I
use it for backups and to transfer things when I changed machine.

I suspect the main problem these days is when you have something on an ADFS
*floppy*. So may have difficulty even generating an image file. I still
have my Iyonix, although I've not used it for ages. But that would be a
method I'd try if I faced needing to read a floppy.

Jim

--
Electronics http://www.st-and.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm