Re: [ARMini-support] Schema2

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Armini Support <armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2015 12:30:07 GMT

In message <621ed72a55.Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Chris Howe <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to get Schema2 to work on the MX6?

I've tried both with and without Aemulor with no success.

Schema 2 is a bit of a pain, unfortunately. It *does/should* work fine
under Aemulor (or did when I did extensive testing on it over the summer)
but is very slow when used like that. We had a customer with some huge
Schema files and they took a long time to load via Aemulor, but did work.

Without Aemulor, Schema ran, loaded the sheets quickly, and generally
seemed great. Right up until you saved your work. The output would then
fail to load back and would show different file-size to the original.
Effectively without Aemulor it was "read only".

So, if you only have small sheets, Aemulor should be fine, if a touch on
the slow side. Note, this was with the "32bit" APDL version - I can't
comment on earlier versions.

Since the customer in question relied on Schema2 and its macros for his
living, we unfortunately had to conclude that that was one project for
which ARMX6 was unsuitable, and he went (and seems very happy with)
RISCubes instead, and it worked fine under that, with a little coaxing
(its wimpslot is too low by default, for large sheets+macros).

I have spoken to Aaron about the possibility of getting it updated. I
can't make any promises though. I've also supplied example files to the
Fireworkz programmer, and since the files are actually humanly readable,
there's some hope that we should be able to import into Fireworkz. But
that still requires programming.

Kind wishes,

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS