Re: [ARMini-support] Occasional freezes.

  • From: Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 19:25:34 +0000 (GMT)

In article <3f34284452.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> And
> not long before another freeze happened, keyboard and mouse not
> responding, so either of the break options not available, and the
> reset button not working. The real oddity: TaskUsage kept going
> blithely on its way, not reporting anything unusual.

Are you using HID by any chance? I found in the early days that I
thought the machine was freezing because there was no response from
mouse or keyboard. I then discovered that, although it was to all
intents frozen, I could still access the ARMini from the Iyonix over
ShareFS. On removing HID from boot that lot of problems went away.
HID seemed to be killing the USB stack, hence no mouse or keyboard. I
do not use HID any more on the BB.

--
        Chris Johnson
List-related queries to support@xxxxxxxxxxxx