Re: [ARMini-support] Not resolving

  • From: Alan P Dawes <alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 16:26:20 +0100

In article <dd622d9e52.chris@xxxxxxxx>,
   Chris Hughes <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <D29D1F8DF7944E6BA5CC2BC4AC877E8B@nasuwt>
>           "Chris N.L. France. \(hp\)" <c.n.l.f@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Start by pinging yourself (your IP)
> > ping: socket: Internet: module has suffered an
> > unrecoverable error: Duplicate IP address
> > ABC:DEF:GHI:JKL! sent from ethernet
> > address:JK:HI:FG:DE::BC:A    (NB data withheld)
> > I also get the same if I *ping the router. It's as
> > if there is something on the network which has the
> > same IP address?

> That precisely what its telling you. You have too devices generating
> the same IP address so you will need to check each device one by one
> and confirm which is generating the wrong IP address and fix it.

> In this case its sounds like the ARMini has the duplicate address, so
> carefully check your network configuration.

I had this happen when I'd set a static address on my riscPC but forgotten
to configure the router to always allocate that address to it. When the
RPC was turned off the router allocated the same address to a PC. When I
turned the RPC back on it could nolonger connect to the internet - it took
me some time to work out why.

Alan

--
alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx