Re: [ARMini-support] New 24" and 27" monitors in stock

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 19:35:34 +0100

> Could you put a couple of pictures up on your website so we can see
> what they look like? Doesn't need to be a fancy webpage, a direct link
> to the jpegs would do!

Not sure I will have time for a few days - we have several machines to
get sorted and a family birthday.  If I have time later in the week,
I'll see what I can do.

>> ... and handle every ARMini mode I tested, including 1920x1200, which
>> is *above* the quoted 1920x1080 resolution!

> Do you mean the actual panel is 1080, but it accepts 1200 and scales
> it? Or is the actual panel 1920x1200?

> Are there any smaller monitors (around 21") that still do the full HD
> resolution? These very large monitors actually end up having a lower
> dpi than my 7 year old LCD (17" 1280x1024).

There may be some 22" ones, although I must admit that I wouldn't
normally recommend 22" 1080p displays as things get pretty tiny.  We
tend to find that when most people measure up, they *can* fit the 24"
screens, and really, if you can fit it in, why wouldn't you choose the
more comfy size (24")?  Similarly, I wouldn't recommend 17s when 19s
give the same res at a more comfy size, unless space is really tight.

I certainly haven't tested any 22s, but I think there may be a 22"
version of the previous 24" monitor we were doing.  *However* price is
likely to be higher than the current 24s!  Yes, it really is that
silly.

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS