Re: [ARMini-support] In perperation for ARMX6 SP

  • From: Andrew Pinder <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 22:04:34 +0100

In message <551287f972jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
on 14 Oct 2015 Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In article <551281717fRISCOS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Richard Torrens (RISC OS)
<RISCOS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

!Scrap is for temporary files. The problem is that Temporary is not a
measurement - but an opinion! With large disk, it makes sense for
Netsurf to keep files for several days - still temporary - but !Scrap
can get huge! It should not be in !Boot, I think.

The thing that often causes massive bloat of !Boot is !NewsDir. I
keep it elsewhere on principle. I want to keep data well away from
what is a key location for system and configuration information.

FWIW Here !NetSurf continues to recall cookies and page histories from
previous days/weeks despite my use of !Scrap on RAMdisc.

Those are, sensibly, saved in !Boot.Choices.WWW.NetSurf

Regards

Andrew
--
Andrew Pinder