Re: [ARMini-support] In perperation for ARMX6 SP

  • From: "Chris Bell (Lists)" <chris.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 19:58:24 +0100

On 14 Oct, Chris Hall wrote:

"Richard Torrens (RISC OS)" wrote:
There is also a quandary over what is in Apps and what is in
Utilities. I tend to put applications which will load themselves when
I click a file into Utilities. Ones I may want to load from the con
bar stay in Apps

My understanding is that you put in Utilities things that you use by
double-clicking on a file - for example text files to be edited, sound
to be played etc. What you put in Apps are things that you need (or
also need) to run sepasrately. Because you may be creating a text file
rather than editing one, !Edit therefore goes in Apps (where you can
see it from the 'Apps' icon).

Perhaps we should decide, in principle, what should go where and just
apply the principles.

Surely the original way Acorn organised things is LONG past its sell-by
date? I got rid of 'Apps' 15 years ago, replacing it with Andrew Booker's
'Apps+' to reorganise my hard-disc in a much more logical manner. See the
screen-shot at www.cornant.uk/riscos .

Chris Bell.