Re: [ARMini-support] Corrupt HDD

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 18:36:18 GMT

> Hi Andrew

> been able to get things up and running again with a little help from druck.
> DiscKnight had to fix a few issues but the real problem seems to have been
> that my "80 GB" drive was 99.8% full. Guess I'll have to put my mp3
> collection
> somewhere else then! As I was still using a ROM from January this year I
> now
> upgraded to ROOL's latest.
> I must have missed your explanation but how do I actually switch to
> ARMiniOS?
> Haven't opened the zip yet as I first wanted to restore my BB.

Just install it with the supplied installer - it's very very simple to
do.  You'll find additional bits of software on the ARMini download
site.

I would offer a note of caution about sticking on ROOL's latest, as it
will be a bit untested.  Right now the big change has been in cmos
handling, and I would recommend caution over that, as there have been
some reports of SD card corruption, although it isn't fully confirmed.

The ARMini OS build is from the summer, and has been pretty well
tested, so I think it is a "safer" choice, unless you're wanting beta
test the newer builds.

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS