Re: [ARMini-support] CMOS settings ignored

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 13:32:44 GMT

> By the way, it would help if folk used the correct names for any
> software to be downloaded from the Armini website. As well as there
> being no !SaveCMOS directory on the site as I pointed out previously,
> I have not seen one called uSDcardOS3 or uSDcardOS3.zip. This is
> important at a time when some of us are struggling to get riscos 3.18
> working properly and there are often directories with similar names or
> similar names to other software.

It is called uSDcard/zip, by the looks of things, in the
Beagleboarders folder.  I can't be sure if it is fully applicable to
original BB, but should be.

> Even if I get a widget, I still want to sort this problem out without
> a one.

Since you're entitled to a widget as part of the BBSS for just a
fiver, is there any reason *not* to get one?  AFAIK the original BB
has the same connector used for the widget, so you should be OK.

5.18 on older SD cards needs updates to boot.scr to load cmos from the
card (since the version of uboot.bin on old cards didn't read from
uenv.txt).  I believe such a file is part of !SDcreate, but most
people seem to have solved their problems using the uSDcard/zip file.

Andrew

PS, certain files will get removed or renamed if there are problems or
if they aren't appropriate.  I won't leave something "known incorrect"
live on the website.

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS