Re: [ARMini-support] CMOS RAM widgets have landed

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 00:12:16 +0100

In message <52684bdbb8chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just to say that I picked up a widget on Sat at the Weston-S-Mare
> show, and having now made it back to Edinburgh, it took less than 5
> mins to dowmload the CMOStool, unzip, run it to save the settings,
> switch off, fit the widget, switch on, rerun the CMOStool to load the
> settings into the 'CMOS', reboot and test it out. All looks fine to
> me. The whole procedure was very simple.

Glad it all went smoothly.

In testing, the only "oddity" we encountered was that sometimes the
*loadcmos command seems to return immediately (ie. does nothing),
whereas other times it takes circa 5-10 seconds and actually works.
This occurs when one clicks the "Restore CMOS" button in !CMOStool at
the last stage of the instructions.

The solution is simple - just click the button again if you don't see
5-10seconds of hourglass activity!

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS