Re: [ARMini-support] Bad response from device

  • From: Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 17:23:39 +0100

On 9 May 2012  Christopher Dewhurst <cdewhurst2010@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi all,

> I am looking into getting a DVD drive for my Beagleboard, meanwhile a
> friend has given me one for free so I tried it with my Beagleboard. It
> is a Pioneer DVD-XD01 (external USB).

> After setting the number of CD Rom drives in Configure, clicking on
> the CD icon gives the error "Bad response from device".

> Does anyone know what is going on here? Am I am doing anything wrong?
> Is this make/model of drive incompatible?

Isn't it just because it's an external drive? I think the config bit
expects something inside the box. When you connect it to the USB does
an extra drive icon appear on the icon bar?

> P.S. have not installed OS4 yet - am waiting for it to go "Alpha" :)

It's been working fine here for a couple of weeks. Have courage!

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Hf     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.