Re: [ARMini-support] Backing Up An ARMiniX

  • From: Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Armini Support <armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 19:55:19 GMT

On 30 Nov 2015 "Chris Bell (Lists)" <chris.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 30 Nov, Robert Hunter wrote:
1. Is there software available that will back up more quickly than
LanMan98?

2. When backing up, the option "/Faster/" appears in the "Copying
files" window.

If you're using the standard Filer to copy everything to the loft, then it
WILL take a VERY long time. Something like '7backup' is MUCH, MUCH faster
because it only needs to update changes which have occurred since last
time: http://www.7thsoftware.co.uk/software.htm Select the 'quick'
option for maximum speed!

I've not used that, thought it's well spoken of. I use Chris Johnson's
SyncDiscs app, from

http://www.chris-johnson.org.uk/software/index.html

and have found it to be simple and reliable. Chris will also accept
suggestions for improvements, and is highly approachable. Well worth a
look.

One is its advantages is that regular backups can be saves as SyncJobs
files, and a batch of these can be easily run from a script.in an Obey
file. I usually tremble at the word "script", but the Help file tells
you exactly how to do this.

Best wishes,

Peter.

--