Re: [ARMini-support] Additional MicroSD

  • From: Keith Dunlop <keith.dunlop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 19:46:42 +0100

In message <52a259f6d2chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <52a1eb547echris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> There is a configure tool on the Iyonix which allows scsi drives to
>> be temporarily hidden, but I dont think this works correctly on the
>> BB with the new ROM due to the order in which things are initialised
>> during Boot. Has anyone tried this yet? I might have a go later if I
>> have time.

> I have looked at this. The real stumbling block is that the main boot
> drive for the ARMini is usually a scsi (over usb) device - ie the
> internal pen drive. When using the HideSCSI config tool, selecting a
> drive to hide will reinitialise SCSIFS which will close any open
> files on your scsi drives. This is not an ideal thing to do for your
> boot drive - you could easily lose data or corrupt open files. Thus
> great care would be required if experimenting with this.

There is also another issue.

Unlike with the Iyonix if the drive is there during boot hide does not
work.

It will work with devices inserted after boot (I have successfully
hidden one of the drives on my media player) - just make sure you get
the entry right in the hide file!

--
Keith Dunlop

Usable Range Limited