Re: [ARMini-support] ARMX6 OS4 beta

  • From: Alan P Dawes <alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 20:21:06 +0100

In article <486f7d1155.rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As promised, I've uploaded a beta of OS update 4, which will be the
"Show OS version" for ARMX6 unless anyone has any new problems.

This update fixes a long-term (ie. back to RISC OS 3) bug in ShareFS
relating to filename/path length, as well as including changes to
prevent the "out of memory" issue seen with SpecialFX/Gdraw. These
are the only changes AFAIK.

Since this is an interim/beta update, it doesn't have the full updater
UI - just double click !iMX6upg to install.

If you had a problem with SpecialFX/Gdraw with OS update 3, I'd
request that you install the beta ASAP and confirm to me that all is
well.

I've upgraded, reconfigured to "Always load SpecialFX" using the !SFXSetup
program, shut down and restarted and now !RiscOSM renders maps without the
memory errors.

Thanks so much for the swift update.

Best wishes
Alan