Re: [ARMini-support] ARMX6 OS update 4 and SP4 released

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 20:35:14 +0100

In message <55159af83ealan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Alan P Dawes <alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In article <0fdb2f1555.rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We are pleased to announce OS update 4 for ARMX6 and a corresponding
Super Pack (SP) - SP4.

Thanks for this - updated without any problems.

One niggle: I don't like the SSD disk opening on the desktop at startup so
in the previous version I was able to put a | before Filer_OpenDirBoot:^
in SCSI::SSD.$.!Boot.Choices.Boot.Tasks.OpenHD4 to stop that happening but
in SP4 this file is a much longer BASIC file. How should I alter this new
OpenHD4 file to stop it opening on startup?

Simply delete the file.

The new version is designed to open the *actual* filer window rather
than the somewhat confusing (to newcomers) Boot:^.$

I recommend including it in the recovery image, but deleting it from
your normal !Boot sequence.

Kind wishes,

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS