[arisbe] What is this thing called patriotism?

  • From: "The Arisbe Network" <arisbe.net@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "The Arisbe List" <arisbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:56:53 -0500

A college friend bids fond farewell to love of country, and I reflect that
the love she left behind is not the one I was raised with.  If I felt that I
must write again about a professional philosopher, at least it was about an
unusually charming one, and perhaps I have had the virtue of not writing in
an entirely professional way, so read it regardless.  In any case, here is
the link.  Please drop by and, as always, feel free to leave a comment if
you like.

http://www.takimag.com/site/article/real_patriots_dont_hate/