[arisbe] A year later

  • From: "Frank Purcell" <arisbe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arisbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:52:10 -0500 (EST)

Folks on this list will recall that about a year ago I answered an ad on
Craigslist to train hospital staff in clinical software, and was scheduled to
begin my own training on May 18.  As luck would have it, the medical profession
had other plans for me on that date, and I wrote the whole thing off.  Out of
the blue they called me last Monday and asked whether I could report at 7:30
the next morning, and so I did.  The real work begins the day after tomorrow,
with six twelve hour shifts a week, initially at the hospital where my mother
died, then at the one I was in for some weeks last year, then at the one a
block from my 1973-1978 apartment.  That's Wednesday morning.  Tuesday night I
start teaching a course in philosophy and comparative religion for Transit
Authority employees at the TA in Brooklyn, under the auspices of Nyack College
and therefore of the Christian and Missionary Alliance.  So I will need to
watch what I say, and not get caught drinking or dancing, even on

my own time.  So wish me luck, y'all!

(Will I have to train the nurse who left me on the bedpan for two hours?  That
would be too weird.)

Cheers.