[argyllcms] Re: yet another X errror under AMD64

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 00:20:19 +1000

Joshua Hoblitt wrote:

$ dispcal foo.cal
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  18 (X_ChangeProperty)
  Value in failed request:  0x40
  Serial number of failed request:  15

This is on running on an amd64 system:

Portage 2.1-r1 (default-linux/amd64/2006.0, gcc-3.4.6, glibc-2.3.6-r4,
2.6.16-gentoo-r6 x86_64)

This appears to be the same X11 64 bit error as reported by Mickael Profeta (mismatch between X11 server and client XID size). Try applying the same fix at about line 1615 of spectro/dispwin.c, replacing the V0.60 XChangeProperty() call with this:

            /* Set additional properties */
            {
                unsigned int xid = (unsigned int)rootwindow;    /* Hope this is
32 bit */
                XChangeProperty(
                    p->mydisplay, p->mywindow,
                    XA_WM_TRANSIENT_FOR,        /* Property */
                    XA_WINDOW,                  /* Type */
                    32,                         /* format = bits in type of
unsigned int */
                    PropModeReplace,            /* Change mode */
                    (char *)(&xid),             /* Data is Root Window XID */
                    1                           /* Number of elements of data */
                );
            }

I'll see about putting together a patch on monday, when I get back
to Melbourne.