[argyllcms] Re: xicclu -g predictability issue

  • From: "Gerhard Fürnkranz" <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 15:55:50 +0100

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 15:05:32 +0100
> Von: "Elena [service address]" <1007140@xxxxxxxx>
> An: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Betreff: [argyllcms] Re: xicclu -g predictability issue

> Anyway I don't explain the experienced fastness of collink -r100, while
> on the contrary I could never generate even just for tests a profile
> with colprof -qu

I may be wrong, but I have the feeling that the reverse lookups are
significantly faster for in-gamut color than for out of gamut colors. IMO
collink's LUT creation phase slows down as well when using e.g. -ir instead of
-ip, i.e. when a larger number of the colors need to be clipped.

Regards,
Gerhard