[argyllcms] Re: xicclu -g predictability issue

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 13:26:10 +1100

Gerhard Fuernkranz wrote:
But I guess such a trade-off could be even a gain in terms of overall
colorimetrc errors, if the overall reduction of the B2A interpolation
errors happens to be larger than the newly introduced errors due to
shrinking the gamut volume a little bit.

Yes, I would imagine so. The thing is that I wasn't aware of this
issue when I coded it up, and it is now non-trivial to change
it to have a weighted priority. As a first cut, I still don't think
it was a bad choice, since many competing profilers suffered from
the problem of achieving anything close to a devices full gamut.

Graeme.