[argyllcms] xicclu -fif and different versions of Argyll

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 15:33:57 +0100

Hello Graeme,

I'm wondering a bit how the reverse lookups differ in different
versions, since different versions obviously give different results (see
attached xicclu -g plots for the same profile, using different versions
of Argyll). In particular the changes from 1.1.0 RC4 to the official
1.1.0 release seem to introduce nasty "oscillations" of the colorants at
the dark end (or maybe they were already present in RC2 too, but just
beyond the right edge of the plot?).

[ Btw, I'm also not sure whether I like the change in the x-axis range
of the xicclu -g plots so much, as the new plots don't show the clipping
behavior down to L*=0 any more. I think I rather preferred the old ones,
which could still be augmented by a marker (e.g. vertical bar) at the
position on the x-axis corresponding to the black point and/or at the
x-position where clipping starts (which L* does actually correspond to
x=100 in the new plots?). ]

Regards,
Gerhard