[argyllcms] Re: what is the best supported colorimeter?

  • From: Joshua Hoblitt <jhoblitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 09:21:31 -1000

On Sun, Aug 13, 2006 at 12:57:39AM +1000, Graeme Gill wrote:
> Ewald Reisenberger wrote:
> >I have some questions, is the xrite dtp94 device, which is supported by
> >argyll, equal to the MonacoOPTIX device?
>
> Same device, different name. Since you may not want the Monaco software
> that is implicit in the "MonacoOPTIX" package, it's best to refer to
> it as a DTP94 if you are after just the instrument.

I'm in the US so my research may not do you any good...

The cheapest place I could find a 'bare' DTP94 was direct from XRite for
$199 with free "ground" shipping.  Which doesn't excite me as I
frequently have problems with the ground shipping rate to my home state,
Hawaii, and I often end up an order that either doesn't ship or gets
sent overnight air at my expense.

    http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=730

I cheapest MonacoOPTIX I could find was from B&H for $199.95 and they
will ship via USPS for about $10.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=310560&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

Note that for some reason B&H lists it as $219 but the price drops to
$199.95 when you add it to your cart.

Cheers,

-J