[argyllcms] Re: using a digital camera as a colorimeter

  • From: "Greg Sullivan" <greg.sullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 22:52:02 +1000

Alastair wrote:
> With the colourmouse, reading huge numbers of patches is tedious

I know you are profiling lots of printers, but for others who may
just need one or a few profiles for their printer, the time taken
to take a few thousand measurements may be worth it.
With the colour mouse auto measuring (without having to press the
button each time), and the patches printed large enough to faciliate
rapid placement of the device, it takes me between 4 and five hours to
measure a 3000 patch target. This time is neglible compared to the amount
of time I spend doing other things. (such as trying to understand
Argyll ;^) ;^)

Greg.