[argyllcms] Re: using Lab readings instead of a supported reader

  • From: dmg <dmg@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 02:04:58 -0800

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> D M German wrote:
>>
>> Is it possible to use such readings to use the rest of the tools?
>
> Yes, it would seem feasible to convert the readings into a .ti3 file.
> You can either do it manually using a spreadsheet and cut and paste,
> or the other way would be to modify txt2ti3 to handle the format.
>
> Note that you need a source of device values to combine with the
> readings.
>
> Graeme Gill.

Thanks Graeme,

I have finally spent some time trying to learn how to use Argyllcms. I
printed a target, read the values, but now
I need to now how to convert the read values into a ti3 file.

Where can I find an example file that txt2ti3 reads? That would help
me understand what txt2ti3 is doing (and potentially modify it
for converting simple lab readings into a ti3).

thanks again,

--daniel

--
--dmg