[argyllcms] using ARGYLL on a DLP projector

  • From: lee scratchy <leescratchy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 19:32:11 +0000

hey guys,

here's a bit of background on my experiments.

I used to run the HCFR hardware with their software on several projectors.

I've included 3 .CHC files that need to be opened in their
software(http://www.homecinema-fr.com/colorimetre/release/Setup_v1_2_2.exe).

they have 2 .THC definition files available for my HC3100, one made with a s2,
the other with an i1....but both of them were exhibiting a major green excess
in grey levels patterns.

I find this sensor pretty much useless because of this limitation, because
there's no such thing as a definition file that can 'fit' all the projector of
the same model IMVHO.

to get more of less OK levels, I had to lower the green channel quite a bit on
the projector ...at this time I wasn't using ARGYLL(see i1---hcfr.chc)

so I switched to the spyder2 + ARGYLL, which was a major improvement, mainly
because the  From: frederic.mantegazza@xxxxxxxxxxx