[argyllcms] user mode gamma ?

  • From: lee scratchy <leescratchy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 16:43:26 +0000

hi again,

I've been experimenting quite a bit with gamma levels lately.

the regular 2.2 is way too dark in low IRE, and L* is very nice in dark areas
but maybe a bit too clear in the 60/30 IRE area.

usually what we do on video-projectors is we start at 2 and finish at 2.3/2.4

could you add an option to set the start/end gamma level by any chance ?

that would be really great, and a little less restrictive, offering the same
level of settings that we get on the projector's OSD

like this :
http://www.cine4home.com/reviews/projectors/MitsuHC3000/Final/Gammamenu.jpg

-Maxime