[argyllcms] Re: use entire sheet for print targets

  • From: "edmund ronald" <edmundronald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:11:35 +0200

Hi Stefan,

I too have found that the "information" printed around the borders of
targets is often more a hindrance than a help. I usually take the
target into Photoshop, crop the borders and save the core for reuse.

My experience with sublimation printers (Selphy, Kodak) is that if you
insist on profiling them you need to do it for every new batch of
paper/ribbon.
There is a corollary: Buy a big batch of paper/ribbon when you get the
printer, or else you're going to need to reprofile every twenty
sheets. And that is definitely too much time to spend with that little
Swiss arm exercise machine.

Edmund