[argyllcms] udev device detection

  • From: Caspar Maessen <cmaessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 23:26:16 +0100

Recently I purchased a new motherboard and processor, and decided to
upgrade the os as well, from openSUSE 10.2 to 10.3.

In the past I succeeded in detecting my DTP94 with a rather complex
udev-rule which I presented here, and is discussed now in the install
docs.

To my initial horror this udev-rule didn't work on my new system. I
can't figure why, but I noticed two things. The kernelname of the
device has changed. But after adapting that part of the rule, it
appeared that the mode can not be changed  in this manner.

So I dug in my earlier experiments and came across an attempt that
didn't work before, but does now. It depends on setting the owner of
the devicefile. This is not as nice a solution as the mode-setting but
as I said the mode will not let itself being set anymore.

ATTRS{idProduct}=="d094", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0765", OWNER="caspar"

On the other hand, it has the advantage of being a bit less complex ;-)

I thought I would let you know this, because of the earlier discussions
we had on this subject.

Caspar.