[argyllcms] Re: tiffgamut feature request

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 01:21:05 +1000

Klaus Karcher wrote:
Is it something like this you have in mind?

I haven't thought it through in detail, but I was more
thinking that you'd select certain colors of the image,
and then define what output color they are to have in
a preview. There would be some sort of "region of influence" control
to determine how local (in color space) that is. There might be
some parallel 3D view of the gamut mapping in terms of mapping vectors,
gamut surfaces etc., so that you can see how such changes relate.

<http://www.imaging.org/store/epub.cfm?abstrid=8433>

As it happens I have the 10th CIC proceedings in front
of me already :-) The approach as described seems to be
a rather technical interface though. I was thinking of
something a bit more direct.