[argyllcms] test chart definition file HOWTO

  • From: "Guy K. Kloss" <G.Kloss@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 15:58:16 +1300

Hi,

I've just scribbled up a little HOWTO on the Oryanos Colour Wiki describing
the steps I've taken to create a chart definition file (.cht file) for Argyll
for the Wolf Faust C1 target.

The HOWTO is probably by no means complete or 100% correct. Any contribution,
correction, etc. would be welcome on this.

For that the wiki now contains a section "Argyll Community Documentation"
here:

http://www.oyranos.org/wiki/index.php?title=Argyll_Community_Documentation

From there the HOWTO and a page to contain contributed chart definition files
is linked. Unfortunately I wasn't able to manage to upload the .cht file
directly to the wiki. So I've put it onto my own wiki (note: uses a
self-signed certificate) and linked it only from there. If anyone has got
suggestions how/where to place it otherwise, I'd be happy to modify it.
Especially as I'm planning on adding at least one more chart definition file
there.

As all content on the wiki, also the chart provided (linked) there is
available under the BSD license.

One thing in the HOWTO however I have omitted, and that's a little Python
script that immensely aided in the cleaning up of the XLIST and YLIST entries
for myself. If anyone is interested, I can distribute that as well.

Guy

--
Guy K. Kloss
Institute of Information and Mathematical Sciences