[argyllcms] Re: tcgetattr failed with 'Input/output error'

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 14:00:31 +1100

Ludovico Fischer wrote:

Yes, it is a revision D instrument. I tried the patch you suggested (I
suppose you meant i1pro.c instead of i1dissp.c, as there is no such line
in that file). With both the patched and unpatched code, if I disconnect
the eye-one pro, and reconnect it every time, it is always recognised.

Hmm, Maybe the Linux driver has changed then, since the whole
idea of resetting rather than closing, was to make the instrument
appear as if it had been freshly plugged in each time, thereby
working around the problem. [ It does an IOCTL_USB_RESET ].
This certainly worked fine on my Red Hat 4 clone system, although
you have to wait a few seconds after quitting a utility, before
attempting to reconnect to the device.

I'm not sure if there is some other way of forcing a USB device
to re-connect under Linux, or some other magic sequence of
clear_halt/resetep/reset calls that will keep the device working,
and at the moment I don't have a system to investigate this with
other distributions of Linux.