[argyllcms] Re: tcgetattr failed with 'Input/output error'

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 11:26:25 +1100

Ludovico Fischer wrote:
Ok, I had misdiagnosed the problem. Whether the tcgeattr error appears
is not dependent on whether I use a space or not. It seemed so only
because I was giving the two syntaxes always on the same order.

Right, so the instrument is not being recognized after being used.
Is it recognized every time if you disconnect and reconnect the
instrument before trying to use it ?

Which revision Eye-One Pro do you have (it's on the label on
the bottom of the instrument) ?

[ I had a problem like this on Linux with the Rev D instrument,
but I thought I'd worked around it by reseting the instrument
rather than closing it. In fact, the Rev D would cause my version
of Linux to crash without this workaround.]

Since you're compiling from source, you could try commenting out
the line 100 in spectro/i1disp.c:

        usbflags |= icomuf_reset_not_close;

and see if that affects the behaviour.