[argyllcms] Re: tcgetattr failed with 'Input/output error'

  • From: Ludovico Fischer <ranucel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 17:16:24 +0100

It is a eye-one pro, dispread -r gives (when it detecys the instrument,
see below)
1 = 'usb:/bus0/dev2 (GretagMacbeth i1 Pro)'
    2 = '/dev/ttyS0'
    3 = '/dev/ttyS1'
    4 = '/dev/ttyS2'
    5 = '/dev/ttyS3'
I also used the 'simplified' udev rules you propose in the
documentation, as they are identical in format to the other udev rules
on Ubuntu.
Ok, I had misdiagnosed the problem. Whether the tcgeattr error appears
is not dependent on whether I use a space or not. It seemed so only
because I was giving the two syntaxes always on the same order. Here's
what happens: after a successful execution of "dispread -k target.cal
Screen", no matter if the measuring is completed or aborted, somehow the
Eye-one pro  becomes invisible for dispread. dispread (either with -r or
"-k target.cal Screen") must then be run a third time to recognise the
eye one pro again. Note however, that the first time I ran dispread -
after logging in with the Eye one pro attached, it was not detected.
Second time, the procedure starts, I abort with Q. Third time, again
tcgeattr error, and so on. Then I tried to actually complete the whole
measuring process, to make sure it was not linked to the abort keys.
After the measuring process completed, I gave 'dispread -k target.cal
Screen', and I got the error. Also, if after running "dispread -k
target.cal Screen" succesfully, I run dispread -r, the Eye one pro is
vanished, giving this output, instead of the one on top:
Set communication port from the following list (default 1)
    1 = '/dev/ttyS0'
    2 = '/dev/ttyS1'
    3 = '/dev/ttyS2'
    4 = '/dev/ttyS3'
Running dispread -r a second time makes it appear, and the instrument is
always recognised by dispread -r, until one runs the  "dispread -k
target.cal Screen", at which point on is invited to calibrate the
instrument..., then after completion or aborting, the instrument is not
recognised once again etc.

Ludovico Fischer