[argyllcms] Re: targen -N

  • From: robert korewo <robert.korewo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 18:24:17 +0930

On 9/13/2011 5:08 PM, Graeme Gill wrote:
robert korewo wrote:

  ->  targen.exe -v9 -d2 -f100 -cpre.conditioned.profile.540.Merged.icm
_-N5.5_ name
     targen: Warning - Too many nodes are failing to be inserted -
reshuffling and re-starting
     targen: Error - Failed to re-seed the veronoi after 100 tries - too
many node insertion failures ?
     targen accept any positive number

line 1132
/* Degree of neutral axis emphasis */
             else if (argv[fa][1] == 'N') {
                 fa = nfa;
                 if (na == NULL) usage(0,"Expected argument to neutral
emphasis flag -N");
                 nemph = atof(na);
                 if (perc_wght<  0.0 || perc_wght>  10.0)
                     usage(0,"Neautral weighting argument %f to '-N' is
out of range",nemph);
             }
Hi, I'm not sure what point you're making here. Make the perceptual
colorspace non-linear enough, and the geometric assumptions break down.
That's the nature of things. (ie. the -N5.5 failed in your particular case.
It won't necessarily fail there in other cases :- it could fail at lower
or higher values. I have no way of predicting this. If you have some way
of predicting this, then you should be writing scholarly articles on
non-Euclidean geometry :-)

Graeme Gill.

I will try make this clear

Targen  documentation
-N emphasis Degree of neutral axis patch concentration 0-1. (default 0.50) So after typing targen -N 1.5 I expected "Neautral weighting argument %f to '-N' is out of range" but targen accpets -N 1.5,it was sopposed to give me an error and i havent got any errors.
so i looked into targen.c and ...

          {
          fa = nfa;
          if (na == NULL)
          usage(0,"Expected argument to neutral emphasis flag -N");
          nemph = atof(na);
----->    if (perc_wght < 0.0 || perc_wght > 10.0)
usage(0,"Neautral weighting argument %f to '-N' is out of range",nemph);
          }

I do not understad why you're conditioning "perc_wght" but related mesaage errors are to argumet Neutral weighting.

bob