[argyllcms] Re: targen: Error - Failed to re-seed the veronoi after 100 tries - too many node in sertion failures ?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 11:34:50 +1100

Magnus Wallden wrote:
> I get this message from targen,  I suppose it has something whit the
> -c profile to do,  is there something I can do about it ?

That's just how it works unfortunately. It's not possible to mathematically
guarantee it to work 100% of the time. The best you can do if you come
across this is to change something, such as degree of adaptation or
the number of points or the -c profile, and see if it works then.
(ie. try creating a lower quality/resolution profile to feed into
-c.) At a worst case you might have to change the algorithm to something
that is guaranteed to work.