[argyllcms] Re: stupid question

  • From: Konstantin Svist <fry.kun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 13:10:55 -0700

Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 15:59:28 -0700
From: Konstantin Svist<fry.kun@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [argyllcms] stupid question

Sorry in advance for stupid question(s), I'm pretty much a newbie at CMS.

I'm running Fedora 14 (XFCE spin) on my laptop with some el-cheapo
external monitor. The external monitor has a bluish tint (and laptop
screen is reddish in comparison)
The first thing I'm trying to do is to make my two monitors display the
same tint. What's the best way to do that?

Best is to use the on screen controls build into the monitor as a
first means.

Is there a mode that can tell me the relative or absolute values of R G and B so I can tune those on the 2nd monitor to match the white point on 1st?

I tried to do this with "white level" option, which shows something like this

Red   = XYZ  39.74  22.46   2.28
Green = XYZ  38.47  62.43   9.87
Blue  = XYZ  13.13  14.06  55.64
White = XYZ  91.74  99.38  67.81

Adjust R,G & B gain to desired white point. Press space when done.
  Initial Br 99.38, x 0.3543 , y 0.3838 , VDT 4577K DE 2K 10.8

I was kind of expecting the R, G & B metrics to be updated on the fly, but looks like it's only the white Plus, I'm not familiar with the terminology and methodology yet.. what are the X Y and Z on these?