[argyllcms] Re: spyd2: Get Reading failed with ICOM err 0x100

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 10:42:29 +1100

Torsten Kunkel wrote:

Seems like some problem with USB. Is the Spyder plugged directly into
the computer (ie. not via a hub) ? Have you tried various USB ports
on your computer ? (The Spyder is known to have problems with USB).

Yes I tried different settings:
* direct to my onboard-usb-bus
* direct to my pci-usb-adaptor-card
* through an activ usb-hub

Are there any specific settings I have to set? I guess not, because I found no
hint on this.

Sorry, I'm not sure what to suggest. The trace you posted showed low level USB
read failures (icoms code 0x100). Given that the spyder can work OK, this would
tend to point the finger at your hardware, leads etc., or the Spyder itself.
It is known to be more flaky than most other instruments in regard to the
reliability of its USB communications (at least that's my impression from my own
experience and the feedback I get from people trying to use it), and
perhaps you have an especially bad example in this regard ?